Technical, Business, and Ghost Writing
- Product Reviews
- Book Reviews
Is there a book in your head but you don’t have the time or writing confidence to get it written?
I’d love to talk to you about your vision and help your book become a reality, even if you haven’t written the first word. See “Digital & Desktop Publishing Solutions” for a listing of book projects I’ve guided to publication, with varying degrees of involvement.
View my selective Writing Portfolio. Industries and topics of expertise include:
- Small and home-based business issues: For several years, I was editor for the International Association of Home Business Entrepreneurs, in charge of a team of writers providing content for a membership website. I write regularly about small business marketing and social media at SmallBizSpoken.com.
- Biology and medicine: With an undergrad degree in Biology and a graduate degree in Human Anatomy, I have also done transcription for a specialist in Internal Medicine and written health articles for a membership website. I wrote research reports for an engineering company with a government contract to do research on accessibility issues for handicapped, including mobility, visual, and auditory.
- Public Education: I served nine years on the Shenandoah County Public School Board, including two years as its chairman.
- Banking and personal finance: I have served since 1992 on the Board of Directors of First Bank and First National Corporation, serving on its Audit, Compensation, and Governance committees.
- Family: My husband and I have raised two wonderful children to adulthood, so parenting and development issues have always been an interest.
- Motivation and Spirituality: I have blogged extensively about how to strengthen essential life connections: Connection with Self, Connection with Others, and Connection with God.
- Nature and Environment: I grew up on a farm, learning to love the natural world around me. Some of my blog writing tries to help others strengthen their connection with Nature.
- Personal note writing: I am on a mission to revive the art of personal notewriting. I’ve shared thoughts and encouragement about the power of connecting through a handwritten note on my blog.
Editing and Proofreading
What is it worth to have an embarrassing error caught before it goes out to the public? How often have you reviewed your own writing or website content so much you don’t realize it’s not clear to your readers? This is a very inexpensive investment in yourimage, and my satisfied clients will attest to its importance. You should have athird party edit and proofread:
- All important correspondence and reports
- Every bit of content posted to your website or blog
- Any writing that has the potential to reflect on your personal or corporate image
Sarah C. Albritton, M.S., Senior Consultant Kaplan DeVries, Greensboro, NC